Our vision is for Four Acres’ children and families to be confident, independent, lifelong learners.
Our aims are to enable our children to:
- develop their knowledge and skills,
- grow in resourcefulness and resilience
- go forward able to learn and achieve
- live happily in and contribute to our global society.
Six Core Values
Everything we do at Four Acres is underpinned by six core values;
- Respect - for self and others as something to be given and earned; an important principle for a tolerant, equal, democratic society, in Four Acres and beyond.
- Aspiration – encouragement to aim high, to set personal goals, to be ambitious and not fear failure
- Opportunity – the right to equality of opportunity for all to learn, grow and achieve.
- Nurture – supporting all to grow and develop, recognizing and responding to individual needs.
- Resilience – developing strength and confidence in handling difficult, stressful, challenging experiences, large and small; encouraging optimism, creativity and problem-solving; managing emotions.
- Enjoyment – of being engaged in all sorts of learning, of working together, being creative, having fun; finding pleasure in trying and in overcoming difficulty
We have a commitment to these guiding principles in all aspects of Academy life:
- the learning activities of all kinds that we provide in and out of school;
- our interactions with children at all times;
- our relationships with parents and carers;
- our support for the staff team.
- our contribution to the wider community